CANOE TRIPS IN THE BWCAW NEED THE RIGHT GEAR. HERE’S A PACKING GUIDELINE FOR YOU TO FOLLOW.
Canoe Adventure Packing
When packing for your canoe camping adventure you will want to make sure you have all of the essentials. You can always rinse your clothes out while in the wilderness so do not overpack clothes. Keep in mind there may be some cool weather in the early spring or late fall so you need to pack accordingly. Layering is the most effective way to keep warm. Lightweight wool or polypro is the best for warmer weather and great for cool weather because it provides warmth even when wet.
What to Pack
- *One loose fitting T-shirt (cotton or quick dry material)
- *One long sleeve shirt
- *One warm long-sleeved shirt (hooded sweatshirt or flannel shirt)
- One pair of shorts
- One swimsuit or swim shorts
- One pair of lightweight pants (fast drying)
- One pair warm pants (wool or sweat pants)
- A few pair of socks and underwear (wool socks are great)
- Two pairs of shoes (one pair of Chaco’s or wet shoes, one pair of ankle supporting shoes, or Goretex boots)
- *One rainsuit (both pants and jacket used for windbreaker on cool days)
- *One hat (wide brimmed for sun or rain protection)
- *A flashlight or headlamp
- *A good pocket knife or small saw
- *First Aid Kit
- *Mosquito repellent
- *Lip balm
- *Head nets
- *A good book
- *Fishing gear
- Pillow case (fill with clothes and use as a pillow)
- *Camp pillow
- *Deck of cards
- *Water Bottle
- *Water Filter
- *Notebook and pencil
- *Day pack or fanny pack
- Crazy Creek Chair or other camp chair (we rent both of these)
- *Solar Shower
- *SPF Long Sleeve Shirt
- In the spring or fall – add a set of wool or goretex clothing, hat, gloves, wool socks and warm boots.
+Bring a clean set of clothes for the trip home.
Items with an * are available in our store.
We promise to make your participation with Voyageur a success. Please let us know if any part of your experience, which was under our control, did not meet your satisfaction. We will make it right for you!